Please read the terms of this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
You may not access our website or utilise its services if you are under the age of 18 years. We will immediately close your account should we suspect that you are under the age of 18 years.
By visiting our website at https://www.gbets.co.za and/or submitting personal information to us, you agree to the practices described in this policy and you agree that Gbets, its directors, officers, employees, servants, agents and/or contractors and/or other third parties may process (which will include collecting, using and disclosing) your personal information for the purposes stated in this policy. You further warrant that any use, registration or utilisation of the services on our website constitutes an express warranty that you are either 18 years or older.
Process of Collecting Personal Information
Gbets will always collect personal information in a fair, lawful and reasonable manner to ensure that it protects an individual's right to privacy and will process the personal information based on legitimate grounds in a manner that does not adversely affect the data subject (you) in question.
Gbets generally collects personal information directly from data subjects or it may obtain personal information from third parties (where necessary or practically required).
Lawful Processing of Personal Information
Gbets will only process a data subject's personal information (other than for special personal information) where –
- consent of the data subject is obtained;
- processing is necessary to carry out the actions for the conclusion of a contract to which a data subject is a party;
- processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on Gbets;
- processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject; and/or
- processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of Gbets or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Gbets will only process personal information where one of the legal bases referred to above are present.
Where required (i.e., where we are not relying on a legal ground listed above), Gbets will obtain the data subject's consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing the personal information for any purpose.
Where Gbets is relying on a data subject's consent as the legal basis for processing personal information, the data subject may withdraw his/her/its consent or may object to Gbets' processing of the personal information at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out prior to the withdrawal of consent or any processing justified by any other legal ground provided under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("POPIA").
If the consent is withdrawn or if there is otherwise a justified objection against the use or the processing of such personal information, Gbets will no longer process the personal information.
Special Personal Information
Special personal information is sensitive personal information of a data subject and Gbets acknowledges that it will process Special personal information where –
- processing is carried out in accordance with the data subject's consent;
- processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a right or obligation in law;
- processing is for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to stipulated safeguards;
- the personal information has deliberately been made public by the data subject; or
- specific authorisation applies in terms of POPIA.
Purpose for Processing Personal Information
Gbets understands its obligation to make data subjects aware of the fact that it is processing their personal information and inform them of the purpose for which Gbets processes such personal information.
Gbets will only process a data subject's personal information for a specific, lawful and clear purpose (or for specific, lawful and clear purposes).
It will ensure that there is a legal basis for the processing of any personal information. Further, Gbets will ensure that processing will relate only to the purpose for and of which the data subject has been made aware (and where relevant, consented to) and will not process any personal information for any other purpose(s).
Gbets will generally use personal information for purposes required to operate and manage its business operations as an online sports betting and / or gaming services provider. These purposes include one or more of the following non-exhaustive purposes –
- for the purposes of providing its services as a sports betting and / or entertainment provider;
- for the purposes of expanding a diverse range of gaming and entertainment options;
- for purposes of engaging with third-party service providers and where relevant, for purposes of doing appropriate onboarding and vetting;
- for purposes of onboarding designated suppliers. For this purpose, Gbets will also process a supplier's personal information for purposes of facilitating payments, performing credit checks, and this may include engaging third party credit vetting agencies;
- for the purposes of assessing, vetting and / or facilitating applications from third parties who wish to host or provide our products or services;
- in connection with the execution of payment processing functions, including the acceptance of deposits and the provision of winnings;
- for purposes of monitoring the use of Gbets' electronic systems by consumers. Gbets will, from time to time, engage third-party service providers (who will process the data subject's personal information on behalf of Gbets) to facilitate this;
- for purposes of preventing, discovering and investigating non-compliance with this policy, and other Gbets policies, and investigating fraud, or other related matters;
- for employment-related purposes such as recruitment, administering payroll, and carrying out background checks.;
- in connection with internal audit purposes;
- in connection with external audit purposes. For this purpose, Gbets engages external service providers and, in so doing, shares personal information of the data subjects with third parties;
- to respond to any correspondence that a customer, supplier or third party may send to Gbets, including via its website, email or by telephone;
- to contact the data subject for marketing purposes subject to the provisions below;
- in order to receive and address inquiries or complaints in respect of Gbets' products and services;
- for such other purposes to which the data subject may consent from time to time; and
- for such other purposes as authorised in terms of applicable law.
Types of Personal Information and Special Personal Information Processed
Gbets collects and processes personal information required to effectively carry out its business. The personal information that is processed includes the following:
Employees/Staff • Name and Surname:
- ID number
- Contact details
- Physical and postal address
- Date of birth
- Biometric Information
- Employment history
- Criminal/background checks
- Education history
- Banking details
- Income tax reference number
- Remuneration and benefits information (including medical aid, pension/provident fund information)
- Disciplinary procedures
- Employee disability information
- Employee performance records
- Physical access records
- CCTV records
- Health and safety records
- Time and attendance records
New Job Applicants • Name and Surname
- Contact details
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Details of qualifications and Skills
- Employment history
- Information about a data subject's entitlement to work in South Africa
- Designated Suppliers and / or Approved Third Parties • Entity name
- Registration number
- Income tax number
- Contact details for representative persons
- FICA documentation
- BBB-EE certificates
- Bank Account and Payment details
Website Visitors • IP address:
- Email address / contact details (if provided by data subject)
- Marketing preferences
- Website history
Customers • Names and Surnames
- Contact details (phone number, email address etc.)
- Physical Address
- Postal Address
- ID Number
- Bank account details
Keeping Personal Information Accurate
Gbets will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as reasonably possible depending on the purpose for which personal information is collected or further processed.
Gbets may not always expressly request the data subject to verify and update his/her/its personal information unless this process is specifically necessary.
Gbets, however, expects that the data subject will notify Gbets from time to time in writing of any updates required in respect of his/her/its personal information. Additionally, data subject's may update their personal information on our website by clicking on "Account Settings" and "Edit My Personal Details".
Storage and Processing of Personal Information by Gbets and Third Party Service Providers
Gbets may store your personal information in hardcopy format and/or in electronic format using Gbets' own secure on-site servers or other internally hosted technology. Your personal information may also be stored by third parties, via cloud services or other technology, with whom Gbets has contracted with, to support Gbets' operations.
Gbets' third-party service providers, including data storage and processing providers, may from time to time also have access to a data subject's personal information in connection with purposes for which the personal information was initially collected to be processed.
Gbets will ensure that such third-party service providers will process the personal information in accordance with the provisions of this policy, all other relevant internal policies and procedures and POPIA.
These third parties do not use or have access to your personal information other than for purposes specified by us, and Gbets requires such parties to employ at least the same level of security that Gbets uses to protect your personal information.
Retention of Personal Information
Gbets may keep records of the personal information it has collected, correspondence, or comments it has collected in an electronic or hardcopy file format.
In terms of POPIA, Gbets may not retain personal information for a period longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected or processed and is required to delete, destroy (in such a way that it cannot be reconstructed) or de-identify the information as soon as is reasonably practicable once the purpose has been achieved. This prohibition will not apply in the following circumstances –
- where the retention of the record is required or authorised by law;
- Gbets requires the record to fulfil its lawful functions or activities;
- retention of the record is required by a contract between the parties thereto;
- the data subject has consented to such longer retention; or
- the record is retained for historical, research or statistical purposes provided safeguards are put in place to prevent use for any other purpose.
Accordingly, Gbets will, subject to the exceptions noted in this policy, retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which that personal information was collected and/or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Once the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected and processed no longer applies or becomes obsolete, Gbets will ensure that the personal information is deleted, destroyed or de-identified sufficiently.
When accessing our website we will learn certain information about you during your visit.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called ‘cookies' (see explanation below) and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
The types of cookies we use, which are essential to your experience on our website are:
- Preference cookies: to ensure you view our site in the language of choice, that your local time zone is updated, to show you markets in your time zone and that your balance is shown correctly in the various areas of our site.
- Remember-me functionality: only used if you select the “remember me” function on the login page. This will store your username for ease of use the next time you return to our site.
- Login cookies: essential for using our site as we encrypt details for your security. These are used to ensure you can log in, that your details are authenticated and that important details regarding your account are shown to you after login (i.e. balance, payment details, etc.).
Email Information Policy
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, by email and by telephone. This also applies when you register on our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on our website.
You may share personal information with Gbets via our website, including providing email addresses to sign up to our marketing materials. The provisions of this policy apply to the personal information which is shared with Gbets on our website.
Where Gbets carries out any marketing activities, it will comply with its obligations under POPIA.
Gbets will ensure that a reasonable opportunity is given to the data subject to object to the use of their personal information for Gbets' marketing purposes when collecting the personal information and to "unsubscribe" or 'opt-out" of receiving marketing materials on each occasion of Gbets providing a marketing communication.
Gbets will not use your personal information to send you marketing materials if you have requested not to receive them and if you have requested that Gbets stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes, Gbets shall do so.
Use of External Links
Our website may contain links to many other websites and cannot guarantee the accuracy of information found at any linked site. Links to or from external sites not owned or controlled by, do not constitute an endorsement by or any of its employees of the sponsors of these sites or the products or information presented therein.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without an express written consent from Gbets.
Access to our website is permitted only in accordance with this policy. Without limiting any rights of Gbets as set out elsewhere in this policy, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the website, or any part thereof, without notice, under the following circumstances –
- any breach of this policy that is brought to our attention;
- if you have provided us with any false information;
- if you have failed to safeguard your log-in information; and
- if you have allowed a third party to use your log-in information.
You agree that you will not use the website to do any of the following:
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of the website or another's computer;
- upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party;
- abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others, including but not limited to our staff and other users;
- post a review or rating unless such review or rating contains your independent, honest, genuine opinion;
- use the website for any purpose or in any manner that is in violation of national, or international law;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, threatening or unlawful materials or information;
- impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments;
- post the same note repeatedly (referred to as 'spamming'). Spamming is strictly prohibited;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website;
- imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, alter, copy, distribute, hack or interfere with the website, its servers or any connected networks, use a robot, spider, manual and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the website in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing;
- remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks and rights owned by us;
- upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals;
- upload content that provides materials or access to materials that are obscene, adult or sexual or that exploit anyone, and in particular people under the age of 18 (eighteen), in an abusive, violent or sexual manner;
- register to use the website under different usernames or identities after your account has been suspended or terminated; and/or
- mirror or archive any part of the website or any content or material contained on the website without our written permission.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Gbets shall preserve the security of personal information and, strive to take steps to prevent its alteration, loss and damage, or access by non-authorised third parties.
Gbets will ensure the security and integrity of personal information in its possession or under its control with appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, unlawful access and unauthorised destruction of personal information.
Gbets has implemented physical, organisational, contractual and technological security measures (having regard to generally accepted information security practices or industry-specific requirements or professional rules) to keep all personal information secure, including measures protecting any personal information from loss or theft, and unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Further, Gbets maintains and regularly verifies that the security measures are effective and regularly updates same in response to new risks.
A data breach can happen for many reasons, which include: (a) loss or theft of data or equipment on which personal information is stored; (b) inappropriate access controls allowing unauthorised use; (c) equipment failure; (d) human error; (e) unforeseen circumstances, such as a fire or flood; (f) deliberate attacks on systems, such as hacking, viruses or phishing scams; and/or (g) alteration of personal information without permission and loss of availability of personal information.
Gbets will address any data breach in accordance with the terms of POPIA.
Gbets will notify the Information Regulator and the affected data subject (unless the applicable law requires that we delay notification to the data subject) in writing in the event of a data breach (or a reasonable belief of a data breach) in respect of that data subject's personal information.
Gbets will provide such notification as soon as reasonably possible after it has become aware of any data breach in respect of such data subject's personal information.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
We make no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contained on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided ‘as is' without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall Gbets or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
Access to Personal Information
POPIA read with the relevant provisions of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No. 2 of 2000 ("PAIA") confers certain access rights on data subjects. In order to exercise these rights, our PAIA Manual may be accessed at https://goldrushgroup.co.za/. These rights include:
- a right of access: a data subject having provided adequate proof of identity has the right to: (i) request a responsible party (such as Gbets) to confirm whether any personal information is held about the data subject; and/or (ii) request from a responsible party a description of the personal information held by the responsible party including information about third parties who have or have had access to the personal information. A data subject may request:
- Gbets to confirm, free of charge, whether it holds any personal information about him/her/it; and
- to obtain from Gbets the record or description of personal information concerning him/her/it and any information regarding the recipients or categories of recipients who have or had access to the personal information. Such record or description is to be provided: (a) within a reasonable time; and (b) in a reasonable manner and format and in a form that is generally understandable.
- a right to request correction or deletion: a data subject may also request Gbets to –
- correct or delete personal information about the data subject in its possession or under its control that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully; or
- destroy or delete a record of personal information about the data subject that Gbets is no longer authorised to retain records in terms of POPIA's retention and restriction of records provisions.
- On receipt of such a request, Gbets is required to, as soon as is reasonably practicable –
- correct the information;
- delete or destroy the information;
- provide the data subject with evidence in support of the information; or
- where the data subject and responsible party cannot reach an agreement on the request and if the data subject requests this, Gbets will take reasonable steps to attach to the information an indication that correction has been requested but has not been made;
- a right to withdraw consent and to object to processing: a data subject that has previously consented to the processing of his/her/its personal information has the right to withdraw such consent and may do so by providing Gbets with notice to such effect at the address set out in the contact details section below. Further, a data subject may object, on reasonable grounds, to the processing of personal information relating to him/her/it.
Accordingly, Gbets may request the data subject to provide sufficient identification to permit access to or provide information regarding the existence, use or disclosure of the data subject's personal information. Any such identifying information shall only be used for the purpose of facilitating access to or information regarding the personal information.
The data subject can request in writing to review any personal information about the data subject that Gbets holds including personal information that Gbets has collected, utilised or disclosed.
Gbets shall respond to these requests in accordance with POPIA and PAIA and provide the data subject with any such personal information to the extent required by law and any of Gbets' policies and procedures which apply in terms of the PAIA.
The data subject can challenge the accuracy or completeness of his/her/its personal information in Gbets' records at any time in accordance with the process set out in the PAIA Manual for accessing information.
If a data subject successfully demonstrates that their personal information in Gbets' records is inaccurate or incomplete, Gbets will ensure that such personal information is amended or deleted as required (including by any third parties).
Gbets will respond to each written request of a data subject no later than 30 days after receipt of such requests. Under certain circumstances, Gbets may, however, extend the original period of 30 days once for a further period of up to 30 days.
A data subject has the right to make a complaint to Gbets in respect of this time limit by contacting Gbets using the contact details provided below.
The prescribed fees to be paid for copies of the data subject's personal information are referenced in the PAIA Manual.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information or this policy, should be forwarded to [email protected]
If required, the data subject can contact the office of the Information Regulator, the details of which are:
- Website: https://www.inforegulator.org.za;
- Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001.
- Postal Address: P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
- General enquiries: [email protected].
- Complaints: (complete POPIA/PAIA form 5) and send it to [email protected] should your PAIA request be denied or there is no response for access to records you may use this email address to lodge a complaint. Should you feel that your personal information has been violated, you may use this e-mail address to lodge a complaint at [email protected] ,